The FireCore team has just released a new update to their AppleTV jailbreaking software, Seas0nPass. The new version, Seas0nPass 0.8.3, allows jailbreaking the AppleTV 2G on iOS 5.1, the latest AppleTV firmware released by Apple. The newest software update contains a load of new and upgraded features so we are very excited that FireCore has come up with a jailbreaking solution. A list of some of the notable features below:
- New interface: - Fast, visual access to all content choices
- Movie purchases in iCloud: Support for buying movies on Apple TV and playing back purchased movies from iCloud
- Genius Recommendations: Recommendations for content on the iTunes Store based on previous rentals and purchases
- Screensaver photos: New National Geographic photos built-in for screensaver
- On-device sign-up: On-device sign up for content partners on Apple TV using your Apple ID
Before I go any further, there are a few things to know about this jailbreak.…read more
aTV Flash (black) is a great software package that adds a bunch of new functionality that you just don’t get with your AppleTV stock. It is a very user-friendly piece of software and it installs quite easily and quickly.
A new version of the software, aTV Flash (black) 1.2 is available now. This new update adds a bunch of new features and improvements from earlier versions.
If you are an existing customer, simply access the update from the “manage extras” menu on the maintenance page, if you are a new customer you can purchase aTV Flash from the FireCore website.…read more
You can now perform an untethered 4.4.4 jailbreak on your AppleTV with Seas0npass. Simply download seas0npass below and follow our tutorial.
Step 1: Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.
Step 2: Select the ‘Create IPSW’ button to start the jailbreak process.
Step 3: The latest AppleTV software will be downloaded and used to create a custom ‘jailbroken’ software file.
Step 4: When prompted, connect your AppleTV to your Mac/PC using a micro-USB cable (leave power cable disconnected).
Once the light on the front of the AppleTV begins to flash rapidly, point the remote at the AppleTV and hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seven seconds.…read more
For those who don’t already know, Apple released version 4.4.3 of the AppleTV firmware. Because of this, our Seas0npass 4.3 tutorial will no longer work since 4.3 is not being signed. You will now have to use this tutorial in order to perform a tethered jailbreak on your AppleTV 4.4.3. Remember that since this is a tethered jailbreak you will have to perform the 3 tethered jailbreak steps at the bottom of this tutorial every time you power off your AppleTV(so make sure to leave it powered if you don’t want to have to connect it to your computer).
Step 1: Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.…read more
Hey everyone, this is a video tutorial to show you how to do an untethered 4.3 jailbreak on your AppleTV 2G using Seas0nPass. This is a very simple and straight-forward tutorial that pretty much anyone can do. Please following along with the video and if you have any questions or issues feel free to ask.
- If you can’t get into DFU mode try doing a rest first(hold down menu and the down button for 6 seconds) and then attempt to enter DFU
- If you still can’t enter DFU mode, try a different Micro USB cable(as I mention in the video, AppleTV is picky about what cable you use.